If you're currently working at something other than publishing – affiliate or CPA marketing, perhaps – then you might wonder why you would want to bother publishing your own content. Publishing isn't for everyone, but there are several very good reasons why you might want to consider it.
1. You can be the good guy. People are looking for answers, for help and for solutions to their problems. You and your content can make a real difference in their lives. And by making that difference, you become....
2. The expert. The go-to person. The big kahuna that people respect. You're the trusted authority and now opportunities are coming to you in the form of free advertising on social media, affiliates, joint venture proposals and so forth. Which brings us to...
3. A greater income and additional income sources. You're now monetizing your expertise by selling products and courses.
So what kinds of content can you create and publish?
- Blog Posts
- Short Reports
- Kindle Books
- Actual Books
- Resources Lists
- Print Newsletters
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Slide Shows
- Video Courses
- Audio Courses
- Home Study Courses
- Step-by-step Tutorials
- Cheat Sheets
- Buyers Guides
- Membership Sites
- Member Forums
- Top Lists
- Live Events
- You can publish content everywhere – your site, your blog, your member's area, your newsletter, etc.
- You can give away content – such as an ebook or ecourse – to build your email list
- You can record audio and / or video versions of your book and sell it.
- You can hold live webinars or in person workshops, then sell the recordings.
- You can build traffic by sharing great content such as infographics and top lists on social media.
- You can create video courses to sell and promote your video courses by giving away snippets of the course, or a 'lighter' version.
- You can interview experts and use the interviews and the transcripts as products or giveaways or as content on a paid membership site.
- You can combine your articles and blogposts into Kindle books.
If you're not yet creating and publishing content, you might be missing out on a world of opportunities. And if you are, you might want to consider adding new types of content to further expand your reach, your business and your bottom line.